Presentations & public speaking for managers – 1-day – PUBLIC COURSE in ENGLISH
- Group Size: 3 people maximum
- Length: 1-day
- Open-enrollment course: 950 CHF/person* (850 CHF early booking)
- Next training course: August 20, 2020
This training workshop compresses presentation and public speaking theory into the most critical aspects for busy managers. You’ll hear short theory reviews, see video examples, and practice presenting. Limited to just 3 managers, the small group enables personal coaching and leadership guidance. You’ll receive individual video feedback to find your strengths and weaknesses, while developing your individual style. Your facilitator brings evidence-based theory together with over 20 years of corporate management experience, including experience as a TV product spokesman and TEDx trainer. This presentation workshop is provided in English.
Who should attend this presentation training workshop:
Technical and/or business managers, or advancing professionals with some business presentation experience or training. We recommend the 2-Day Presentations & Public Speaking Workshop for more practice and support. Private coaching is recommended for leaders working on a specific presentation.
Presentation training topics:
- Your goals.
- Dealing with nerves.
- Communication fundamentals and the audience’s brain.
- The speaker — using your body and voice.
- Preparations and strategy.
- Structuring your presentation.
- Opening and closing techniques.
- Story telling and other techniques to keep your audience’s attention.
- Charts that reinforce your message.
- Closing practice session with video feedback.
Includes exercises and practice sessions with video feedback so you can gain confidence and refine your technique.
Your instructor: Kimberly VanLandingham
- CEO of European Market Link Sàrl
- Over 20 years of corporate and international management experience (including Global Business Manager, EMEA Regional Manager with DuPont)
- Product spokesman on TV and radio, and a keynote speaker
- Almost 10 years training business speakers, also a TEDx trainer
- Masters in communication (MACCC) and BS in engineering (BSEE)
- Easy-to-understand native English speaker (who also provides English language tips)
What makes this skills workshop different:
- High energy, action-oriented.
- Video feedback for self-assessment.
- Small classes enable practice and personal coaching.
- Designed for technical, sales and business presenter skills development.
- Includes international culture tips.
- It’s fun!
Participants leave workshop feeling more confident and excited to give their next business presentation.
Price and other details:
- Tuesday, August 20, 2020, 8:30 to 17:30, 950 CHF/person, or 850 CHF if the deposit is received by June 20, 2020
- Thursday, November 19, 2020, 8:30 to 17:30, 950 CHF/person, or 850 CHF if the deposit is received by October 19, 2020
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 8:30 to 17:30, 8:30 to 17:30, 950 CHF/person, or 850 CHF if the deposit is received by July 11, 2021
There is a maximum of 3 participants on each course. Contact us for course availability and to reserve your place. Register for this course with only 30% deposit. The balance is required 1 week before the course begins. FLEXIBLE COVID-19 CHANGE POLICY: You can change to a later course, a virtual course, or the course attendee at anytime without penalty.
Prices including training facilitator, training booklet, video, and other exercise materials.
This skills training course is open to individuals. It’s held at the European Market Link training center in beautiful Martigny (Rue du Léman 14, CH-1920 Martigny), just a couple minutes walk from Martigny-Ville SBB train station. The price includes hot and cold drinks all day, croissants in the morning, and afternoon fruit and biscuits. We break for lunch to enjoy fresh air and the small restaurants close by. The prices exclude lunch, dinner, or travel expenses.
Contact us to check availability and for more information on presentation and public speaking skills training.
Custom and private presentation skills training:
Contact us for private, corporate groups, or larger group needs. We offer a wide variety of formats and prices to meet your business needs. Custom presenter skills training is available in English throughout western Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas.
This workshop is also available on our website devoted to presentation training. Follow the link below for additional corporate group presentation training courses.