Working with Europeans: Europe business culture training – CUSTOM TRAINING
- Group Size: Private or group
- Length: You decide
- Price: Contact us
- Format: Virtual or in person with a live instructor
Europe is a special place with very different cultures under and outside of the European Union (EU) umbrella. Although international Europeans often use English, their cultural values and business practices are very different. This Europe Business Culture Training provides the insight and bridging techniques to create opportunities and relationships for success.
This is a business leadership workshop designed to help you understand Europeans. From Spain to the UK, and Sweden to Switzerland, we’ll cover key values and business practices of the countries that you deal with. We skip the boring lectures, and instead share practical models, then use examples, videos, or case study exercises for true learning and strategic insight. You’ll explore your own culture and learn best practices to help you lead and adapt while retaining your authentic self. These aren’t just soft skills, they are practical tools for international business.
IMPORTANT: This is custom training, designed around the countries that you are most interested in. Our facilitator currently lives in Switzerland, France, and Spain, and is married to an English man. She has a masters in Cross Cultural Communication and over 20 years experience with DuPont working in the Europe, the US and globally. (See more details on your trainer below.)
Topics – Working with Europeans: Europe Business Culture Training:
European cultural training topics are tailored to the individual or group needs and may include the following:
- Personality, culture, and human nature – Useful models
- Europe, the EU, regions, and countries
- A framework of values and styles – Tailored to the most relevant values for your regions/countries
- Defining your values versus key regions/countries using our Cultural Insight Framework.
- Leadership approaches, decision making, etc.
- Meetings, presentations, and other business practices
- Communication styles and language use
- Negotiation and sales styles
- Building on similarities and bridging differences – Conflict styles and conflict resolution
- Practical matters for business – Business meals and entertainment
Additional cross-cultural topics for Expats:
- Culture Shock
- Living in Switzerland
- Living in France
- Living in Spain (uses an additional Spanish facilitator)
- Living in the UK (uses an additional UK facilitator)
- Living in Germany (uses a different facilitator)
Who should attend this Europe business culture training workshop:
This is a PRACTICAL training workshop designed to help leaders and professionals working for, or with, Europeans or a European company. This includes international marketers, buyers, sellers, managers, human resources, strategic leaders, and expats.
What makes our Europe business culture training different:
- It’s the REAL WORLD. This course is designed around real business activities.
- It’s evidence-based, and uses research from several disciplines including cross-cultural communications, neurology, anthropology, business, and leadership.
- This course goes deeper than just facts and etiquette to explain the differences that affect business, leadership and strategies.
- Our facilitator has extensive experience living and working in Europe, the US, and globally. (See below for details.)
Your trainer: Kimberly VanLandingham
- CEO of European Market Link Sàrl, consultant, training facilitator and speaker
- Over 20 years of corporate and international management experience with DuPont – Global Business Manager, EMEA Regional Manager, Corporate Growth Manager Central Europe, and Global Product Manager Teflon(r) and more.
- Kimberly lives in Switzerland, France, and Spain, and is married to an English man.
- Masters in cross-cultural communications (MACCC) and BS in engineering (BSEE)
- Keynote speaker on exporting and market development at the European American Chamber of Commerce, the World Trade Center, universities, and multinationals.
- On the board of SIETAR Switzerland (Society of Intercultural Education, Training and Research) and manages the 6500 member Cross-Cultural Management Linkedin group.
- Easy-to understand native English speaker
Training format, location and price:
Please contact us to discuss your specific needs. This training is available as a virtual training with a live instructor OR at your facility in Switzerland OR our training facility in Martigny, Switzerland.
We suggest 1.5 days of training or 4 x 3 hr. virtual sessions. Certificates are included for this course.
Contact us to discuss your specific European cross-cultural training needs.Contact us