Working with Americans: U.S. business culture training – CUSTOM TRAINING
- Group Size: Private or group
- Length: You decide
- Custom Training Price: Contact us
Are you struggling to understand your American customer, boss, or partner? Or, are you trying to expand your business into the United States, and wish to understand the best approach? Maybe you’re heading to the U.S. for an assignment, and would like to prepare?
This workshop is designed to help you understand Americans. From guns and Trump, we’ll cover key values and business practices. We skip the boring lectures, and instead share models followed by examples, videos, or case study exercises. You’ll also learn how Americans perceive you, and how you can adapt for better relationships and results while retaining your authentic self.
This training is available in English, with an easy-to-understand native American accent.
Working with Americans: U.S. business culture training topics:
IMPORTANT – Topics are tailored to the individual or group needs. This may include the following:
- Personality, culture, and human nature – Useful models
- Guns, freedom and Trump
- A framework of values and styles
- Defining your values versus American values using our Cultural Insight Framework.
- Leadership, meetings, presentations, and other business practices
- Communication styles and language difference
- Negotiation styles
- Conflict styles and conflict resolution
- Business meals and entertainments
- Regional and age differences across the U.S.
- Practical business tips to ensure success in the United States
- Culture Shock (for expats)
- Practical matters when living in the U.S. (for expats)
Who should attend this training workshop:
It’s PRACTICAL training designed to help anyone working for, or with, Americans or an American company. This includes international marketers, buyers, sellers, managers, human resources, strategic leaders, and expats.
What makes our U.S. business culture training different:
- It’s the REAL WORLD. This course is designed around real business activities.
- It’s evidence-based, and uses research from several disciplines including cross-cultural communications, neurology, anthropology, business, and leadership.
- It goes deeper than just etiquette.
- Our facilitator has extensive experience living and working in American and Europe. (See below for details.)
Your trainer: Kimberly VanLandingham
- CEO of European Market Link Sàrl, consultant, training facilitator and speaker
- Over 20 years of corporate and international management experience with DuPont – Global Business Manager, EMEA Regional Manager, Corporate Growth Manager, and Global Product Manager Teflon(r) and more.
- Raised in America, Kimberly managed teams and businesses in the US for 15 years, then moved to Europe in 2001.
- Masters in cross-cultural communications (MACCC) and BS in engineering (BSEE)
- Keynote speaker on exporting and market development at the European American Chamber of Commerce, the World Trade Center, universities, and multinationals
- On the board of SIETAR Switzerland (Society of Intercultural Education, Training and Research) and manages the 6500 member Cross-Cultural Management Linkedin group
- Easy-to understand neutral American accent
Training location and price:
Please contact us to discuss your specific needs. This training is available throughout Switzerland, virtually, or at our training facility —
European Market Link Sàrl
Rue du Léman, 14
CH-1920 Martigny, Switzerland
Course format is flexible, and there is no penalty for COVID-19 changes.
Contact European Market Link to discuss your specific cross-cultural training needs.