Personality, culture & leadership: International management training – CUSTOM COURSE
- Group Size: Private to large group
- Length: You decide
- Custom Workshop Price: Contact us
This is an intense PRACTICAL training workshop for international managers. It’s designed to provide awareness of business structural and cultural differences affecting the management of people, teams, or businesses across different countries or regions. (Content is tailored to the specific intercultural leadership situation.)
Leaders learn to recognize their own values and styles, and those of others, while gaining valuable international insight. We start by exploring business cases where culture differences caused huge problems, and where they’re leveraged for fantastic successes. Using action-oriented exercises and human graphs, attendees identify their personality and cultural values, while getting to know the values of others. Leaders use our Cultural Insight Framework to link cultural business values to indicators, and business practices. Throughout the workshop, they apply these tools to business situations, like managing other regions and international teams. This course digs deeper into specific national business culture issues that routinely cause problems and offer solutions.
This workshop brings together international and cultural leadership research, case studies, and the trainer’s 20+ years of international management experience, visiting over 50 countries. It provides a critical framework for diagnosing new business situations and cultures, and best practices for managing people and businesses. Workshop attendees emerge with tools to recognize, connect, and benefit from international culture in business.
This course is available in English.
Who should attend this cross-cultural (intercultural) leadership training workshop:
This course is recommended for international managers and executives: Strategic leaders, team leaders with employees or businesses across borders, international board members and human resources.
Possible cross-cultural (intercultural) training workshop topics:
The specific agenda is adjusted to your group’s size, experience, geographic make-up, and business needs. Here’s a sample of our topics:
- Culture’s impact on business — Diversity creates problems and solutions
- The human platform: Human nature, culture, and personality
- Personality assessment and dealing with difficult people – partner exercise
- The brain’s natural reaction to similarities and differences
- Personality and communications – partner exercise
- Culture assessment and our Cultural Insight Framework, that provides structure to business values/priorities, practices and indicators – workshop
- Focus on communication styles and other business practices — first impressions, communication styles, management style, giving and receiving direction, planning, meetings, decision making and more – breakout groups
- Overcoming and benefiting from differences, includes conflict resolution model
- Useful generalizations and tips for key countries or regions (without stereotyping). This section is tailored to the attendees and business focus – exercise
- Best practices for international and virtual teams – exercise and research summary
- Problems and solutions for international managers – exercise
- Key learnings
IMPORTANT: Our approach uses short theory sessions coupled with examples, case studies, and real business problems to solve. This is truly a business leadership development course.
Contact us to discuss your specific needs.
What makes this cross-cultural (intercultural) workshop different:
- The course is high-energy, action-oriented. Attendees learn with real examples and by doing.
- Designed specifically for international technical, industrial, and business leaders.
- The trainer has over 20 years of international business management experience at DuPont (in technology, sales/marketing, then business management roles P/L $150,000,000), plus a masters in cross-cultural communications.
- Facilitator has an easy-to-understand neutral English accent. (More about your trainer.)
Course participants leave the workshop feeling more confident and excited to work internationally.
This content is available for groups or individuals. Contact us for a quote.
Cross-cultural (intercultural) training is available in English and throughout western Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas.