European market development training & processes
- Group Size: Up to 15 people
- Length: You decide
- Level: Content varies
- Price: See options
Are you trying to grow in Europe? Or, perhaps you’ve been successful in some countries and now want to expand into a new part of Europe? Whether you need a market development strategy, country/market information, or market development skills; we can help. We offer a broad range of topics for sales, market developers, and leaders; who wish to grow their business in Europe.
Our methodologies efficiently prepare your team, so you quickly see increases in leads and sales. Pulling from a breadth of evidence-based research and experience, we work with you to assemble topics that fit your business and geographic goals, and your skill or information needs. These methodologies are designed for technical-industrial and B2B market development.
Market Development Workshop – Example 1 – Export Strategy Needed
Below is a workshop example used with a US company, who wanted to enter the European market. They were struggling with entrance questions like where to start and how to connect with customers. Below is an example of a working session used to develop their initial export strategy.
- Current state in the US – Using EML’s preparation process, the client shared his situation so that it could be used in the strategic process.
- Current state in Europe – Based on the preparation calls, EML provided an overview of Europe specific to the client’s situation. This included market, country, competitive, culture, and other key information for the client’s business.
- Future state and market development strategy – Working together through EML’s process and planning tools, the client developed his goals and constraints. Then, we created a practical initial strategy, designed to achieve those goals. This process was enhanced with evidence-based best practices, rules of thumb, and experience to facilitate fast results.
In the above case, we helped the client for several years to test and implement their strategy. Through our support, the company gained sales at their target key accounts and throughout Europe.
Market Development Workshop – Example 2 – New Sales Team in Europe
A US company requested training for a team of experienced American market developers, who just moved to Europe. They already have a sales/marketing strategy, but they needed to know how to adapt their approach to Europe. Below was the proposed workshop:
- Introduction using case studies of successes and failures.
- US-Europe structural comparison: Practical data and resources comparing European to the US.
- Trust and credibility: Underlying values and indicators, specifically chosen for US-Europe and market development roles of the attendees.
- International communications styles and indicators. This included verbal and email best practices for native English speakers in Europe.
- Other business practices (e.g. meetings, planning, decision making, availability, work styles, and conflict resolution.)
- Etiquette and other insight for key countries or country clusters.
- Culture shock – discussion and preparations of the physical and emotional changes that result from moving to a new country.
- More sources and closing exercise.
Who should attend these training workshops and working sessions:
These sessions are designed for international growth leaders, sales, marketers, or teams.
What makes these sessions different:
- Facilitated by an international business consultant, focused on international culture and business growth. Read more…
- Designed for the client’s specific needs, based on experience and research from multiple large studies.
- High energy, action-oriented.
- Courses provided by a native English-speaker with neutral accent.
Price for typical market development events:
|Key note||Awareness or Tips||3000 CHF|
|1-2 Hour via Skype||Overview of Europe||3000 CHF|
|1/2 Day||Training & working session||4500 CHF|
|1-Day||Training & working session||4500 + 50 pp CHF|
* Price listed is per day at your facility. Prices include general European market data, but may not include all the desired client specific market data desired. Price excludes VAT and travel expenses. Coaching is also available by phone or web meeting.
European Market Development strategic sessions and training help companies to enter or expand their business in Europe.