Cross-cultural (intercultural) training & team-building
- Group Size: Upto 25 per instructor
- Length: 1/2 to 2 day
- Price: See options
Some international teams excel, leveraging their differences for market growth and creativity; while other teams struggle with their differences. Research and common sense tell us that effective communication, and alignment around expectations, enable high-performance teams. Yet, individuals have different communication styles, planning practices, and ways to resolve conflict. Differences are perceived as rude, causing conflicts or disengagement. This is particularly true with international and remotely-located teams. Our cross-cultural training and team-building workshop helps individuals to see their own style and those of others, enabling real insight into teamwork. International differences are cast in a positive light, as teams teach one another and develop a vocabulary to discuss and understand different approaches.
Cross-Cultural (Intercultural) Training & Team Building enable international teams:
Participants constantly move and interact with each other as they build awareness, explore their own cultural styles, and open their minds to the different styles of other team members. These interactive fun tools develop communication and business skills, which will be used within the team and beyond.
We use our Culture Insight Framework, designed specifically for business, as a basis for the workshop but facilitate the meeting so team members teach each other. Teams laugh at differences and start communicating on a new level. Workshop may also include our top ten tips for dealing with any new culture. Click here to read more on the types of culture training available.
Content is housed in flexible modules and tailored to your team’s needs, your business goals, and your company culture. We offer various formats, including —
- PART OF YOUR MEETING – 1-2 hour presentation plus exercise — Teams are introduced to the topic of cross-cultural training and intercultural communications. They explore the damage and the benefits that culture differences offer.
- IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR MEETING – 3-4 hour half-day session — Build stronger awareness and insight into the underlying structures behind international business. Teams gain knowledge and skills while becoming closer; these are fast-moving and fun sessions that leave teams asking for more.
- 1-2 DAY TRAINING & TEAM BUILDING – Teams evolve as they recognize similarities and difference, work together to solve communication problems, and teach one-another about respect. This is recommended for new teams, those with international business goals, or those experiencing friction.
Who should attend this Cross-Cultural (Intercultural) Training & Team Building workshop:
These sessions are designed for international teams in companies or NGOs. They can be further tailored to specific functions such as technical, sales, and leadership teams.
Cross-Cultural (Intercultural) Training & Team Building topics:
Topics and workshop structure are chosen based on your team’s size and situations, your business goals, and the time available. These are some topic examples —
- Why are we here? Do differences matter? Using analogies, statistics, and/or business examples of success and failure; teams become aware of the impact international differences on business, and the opportunities that success may bring.
- Defining culture. Teams begin working together to brainstorm cultural elements on three levels.
- Our values and theirs. We introduce of our Cultural Insight Framework and, using interactive human graphs, team members move around the room as they discover their values and those of others.
- Communication styles (and other business practices, if time allows). We use break-out workshops to consider the various communication styles. The other business practices include meeting practices, project planning, giving/taking direction, negotiations, and much more.
- Best practices and our team’s approach. Numerous studies on international teams provide simple but effective tips for fostering teamwork and resolving differences. In this section, we can just share these tips, or we can also enable teams to discuss and decide whether to accept our suggestions or to agree upon alternative approaches.
- Tell me more. These is a lovely sharing exercise on business etiquette and respect. Team members teach each other about respect in their culture, while opening the door to further discussions.
- We close with a final and fun exercise in teamwork and communication.
What makes this Cross-Cultural (Intercultural) Training & Team Building workshop different:
- High energy, action-oriented.
- Designed for business and tailored to your needs.
- Taught by a facilitator with over 20 years of corporate international business experience and a masters in cross-cultural communication. (Read more)
- Provided by a native English-speaker with an easy to understand neutral accent.
Price for Cross-Cultural (Intercultural) Training & Team Building for international business:
|1-2 Hour seminars||Key note plus exercise||3000 CHF|
|Half-Day||Training & team building||3000 CHF|
|1 Day||Training & team building||3000 + 100 pp CHF|
|2 Days||Training & problem solving||6000 + 100 pp CHF|
* These prices assume that the client covers the facility, refreshments, and travel expenses. Cross-cultural coaching is also available by phone or web meeting.
Training is available in English and throughout western Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas.
Cross-Cultural (Intercultural) Training & Team Building bring international teams closer to each other and their cross-border customers, partners, and suppliers.