Business communications (presentations, writing & meetings) – 2 day – CUSTOM COURSE
- Group Size: You decide
- Length: 2 days
- Level: You decide
- Custom Workshop Price: Contact us
Great communicators aren’t born, they’re made. This course is designed to turn academic communication into short, concise, and result-oriented business communication.
We start by introducing a communication tool box, which is first applied to business presentations. We use guided practice sessions in a relaxed atmosphere to develop confidence and individual style. Practice sessions are videoed for self-analysis.
Next, we reinforce and extend the learning process to other business areas, like writing and leading meetings. Attendees learn to convey their ideas and advance their projects. Also, they receive personal coaching to build their confidence, clarity, and charisma in their business communications. The course is provided in English.
Who should attend this business communication course:
New or advancing professionals, who wish to improve their business presentation, writing, communication skills internally or externally. It’s a perfect boost for new sales, market developers or technical service people.
Business communication training topics:
The course focuses on business presentations, alternating short theory reviews, with workshops and presentation practice. Each presentation is videoed for self-assessment and confidence building. Presentation topics include —
- How to be remembered – Building on the limits of the human brain.
- The presenter’s physiology (controlling fear)
- Body language.
- Make your voice engaging.
- Knowing your audience (optional: Adapting to international audiences and culture tips).
- Preparations and purpose.
- Structures to inform, persuade, get action and entertain.
- Opening and closing ideas.
- Techniques to keep your audience’s attention.
- Dealing with questions after the presentation.
- Includes lots of practice sessions with video feedback.
Attendees continue practicing presentation skills, while we extend the communication principles into other business communications —
- Business writing
- Write with purpose
- Concise & skim-able structures
- Eliminating words — grammar tricks
- Optional — sales letters & emails, cold call emails, technical reports, etc.
- Planning and leading successful business meetings
- Preparation (and pre-selling)
- The ‘devil is in the details’ — plan, assign & do
- Don’t forget the next steps
- Planning your communication
What makes this business communication course different:
- Integrated format efficiently covers several business communication areas using the same underlying principles, saving time and money.
- Action-oriented and fun workshop, in a relaxed setting.
- Lots of presentation practice with video feedback.
- Designed for technical, business and sales presenters.
- Your training facilitator (Kimberly VanLandingham) has over 20 years experience in international business management and a master in communications. She is a native English speaker with an easy-to-understand neutral accent. (Read more about your communication trainer & approach)
Price & Structure:
We offer creative structures and attractive prices for custom training. Smaller groups are recommended for more presentation practice. Larger groups can be accommodated in various ways; contact us for details. Training includes a training booklet, video feedback, and other materials. Contact us for a formal quote.
Training is available at our facility in Martigny, or your facility. Courses are provided in English and throughout Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas.