Business communications (presentations, writing & meetings) — 2 day small group workshop
- Group Size: 3-6
- Length: 2 days
- Level: Key fundamentals
- Price per corporate group: 6500 CHF*
Great communicators aren’t born, they’re made. While they lead meetings effortlessly, preparations and practice are behind every great presenter and their props.
In this workshop, we start by introducing a communication tool box, which is first applied to business presentations. We use guided practice sessions in a relaxed atmosphere to develop confidence and individual style. Practice sessions are videoed for self-analysis.
Next, we reinforce and extend the learning process to other business areas, like writing and meetings, while attendees continue to practice their presentation skills. Attendees receive personal coaching and build confidence, clarity, and charisma in their business communications. The course is provided in English.
Who should attend this workshop:
Sales, technical, market development, and other managers or advancing professionals, who wish to improve their business presentation, writing, communication skills, and perception internally or externally.
Training seminar topics:
The course focuses on business presentations, alternating short theory reviews, with workshops and presentation practice. Each presentation is videoed for self-assessment and confidence building. Presentation topics include —
- How to be remembered – Building on the limits of the human brain.
- The presenter’s physiology (controlling fear)
- Body language.
- Make your voice engaging.
- Knowing your audience (optional: Adapting to international audiences and culture tips).
- Preparations and purpose.
- Structures to inform, persuade, get action and entertain.
- Opening and closing ideas.
- Techniques to keep your audience’s attention.
- Dealing with questions after the presentation.
- Includes lots of practice sessions with video feedback.
Attendees continue practicing presentation skills, while we extend the communication principles into other business communications —
- Business writing
- Write with purpose
- Concise & skim-able structures
- Eliminating words — grammar tricks
- Optional — sales letters & emails, cold call emails, technical reports, etc.
- Planning and leading successful business meetings
- Preparation (and pre-selling)
- The ‘devil is in the details’ — plan, assign & do
- Don’t forget the next steps
- Planning your communication
What makes this course different:
- Integrated format efficiently covers several business communication areas using the same underlying principles, saving time and money.
- Action-oriented and fun workshop, in a relaxed setting.
- Lots of presentation practice with video feedback.
- Designed for technical, business and sales presenters.
- Your training facilitator (Kimberly VanLandingham) has over 20 years experience in international business management and a master in communications. She is a native English speaker with an easy-to-understand neutral accent. (Read more about the trainer & approach)
* The price is for 2 days and for up to 6 people. It includes training booklet, video feedback, and other materials. We assume that the client will provide the training facilities, so the price excludes facilities and food. Please contact us for a formal quote or variations that better fit your needs.
Training is available in English and throughout western Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas.