VIRTUAL presentation & public speaking skills – ONLINE TRAINING with a LIVE INSTRUCTOR
- Group Size: Up to 8 people
- Length: 4 mornings CET (3 hours each)
- Open-Enrollment Price: 450 CHF/person
- Next Course: February 1-4, 2021
Do you want to improve your presentation skills and gain confidence in a real class without traveling? If so, this workshop is ideal for you. You’ll learn to create powerful messages, a better slide deck, and confident delivery. Although it’s a virtual course, our live instructor makes it feel like a face-to-face event. You’ll practice and discuss problems in a small group (only 8 attendees). The course takes place over 4 days, with optional homework between the sessions.
This course is facilitated in English.
What makes this VIRTUAL Presentation & Public Speaking Skills course different?
This is a creatively structured virtual presentation and public speaking skills training course with the benefits of a live course:
- Live instructor – Workshops are facilitated by a highly experienced live instructor – Kimberly VanLandingham (see details below)
- International business focus – This course is particularly designed for international business, technical or sales people and includes international presenting tips.
- Video conferencing – Courses use Zoom video conferencing, where you can see the instructor and the training materials. We’ll learn how to set-up and present online and in front of audiences.
- Small group – Only 8 attendees/group enable engagement and practice throughout the session.
- Action-oriented – You’ll learn by doing. We use video examples, partnering exercises, and a presentation practice sessions to apply your new skills.
- Flexible dates – Several dates are offered so (assuming availability) you join a later date to make up a module.
- Save time and money – Save money but eliminating the need for travel. You can use a non-confidential presentation project in course workshops, so you’ll learn while advancing your work.
This training course includes a course booklet with theory summaries and your project worksheets.
Your training facilitator, Kimberly VanLandingham (CEO, trainer & keynote speaker):
Kimberly brings together her experience and academic credentials to help international business and technical presenters.
- Product spokesman on TV/radio
- Keynote speaker at the World Trade Center, European-American Chamber of Commerce, universities and multinationals
- 9 years as a presentation, public speaking and event trainer
- Trained tens of TEDx speakers
- Over 20 years international management experience with DuPont (technical, marketing, global and regional business management), plus business and leadership courses
- Masters in cross-cultural communications (MACCC) and BS in engineering (BSEE)
- Native English speaker with a neutral accent (so helps with English skills too)
- Rated as “outstanding” by 92% of workshop attendees –> More client feedback and testimonials
She is also a board member of SIETAR Switzerland (the Society of Intercultural Education, Training and Research) and manager for the Cross-Cultural Management group of over 6500 members.
VIRTUAL Presentations & Public Speaking Skills – training topics:
Topics are integrated and build upon each other. Most items include examples, workshops or practice sessions. Topics include the following:
- Tools and set-up for virtual presentations (and this training event)
- Fear and confidence: 3 tools to overcome stage fright.
- The charismatic presenter and how to connect to your audience.
EML’s 5-Step Presentation Development Process (ordered to enable more practice)
- Step 5a – The presenter: Using your body
- Step 5b – The presenter: Using your voice
- Step 1 – Preparation using the black box method to get results
- Step 2 – Content and key messages that interest your audience
- Step 3a – Structuring your presentation so that the audience can follow
- Step 3b – Storytelling, and other power tools
- Step 3c – Hooks – Opening and closing techniques
- Step 4a – Powerful slides and other techniques that keep your audience’s attention.
- Step 4b – Words that work, and those that don’t.
The course also includes tips for international speakers and persuasion.
Includes presentation practice with video feedback and personal tips from your live trainer.
VIRTUAL Presentation & Public Speaking Skills – Course Dates:
|FEBRUARY 2021 COURSE|
|Module 1||Monday||1-Feb-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 2||Tuesday||2-Feb-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 3||Wednesday||3-Feb-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 4||Thursday||4-Feb-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|JULY 2021 COURSE|
|Module 1||Monday||26-July-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 2||Tuesday||27-July-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 3||Wednesday||28-July-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 4||Thursday||29-July-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|NOVEMBER 2021 COURSE|
|Module 1||Monday||15-Nov-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 2||Tuesday||16-Nov-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 3||Monday||22-Nov-21||9:00 – 12:00|
|Module 4||Tuesday||23-Nov-21||9:00 – 12:00|
Price: Just 450 CHF/person.
It includes 4 modules of 3 hour each, with optional homework. It’s limited to just 8 people, so you’ll feel like you’re in a classroom together and receive personal feedback and tips.
COVID-19 flexible change policy (so you have nothing to lose):
In these uncertain times, we’re offering flexibility. At anytime, you may transfer your course deposit to another course date, a face-to-face course or another person to attend in your place.
- Complete the form below to check availability, ask questions, and provide invoice information and preferred payment method (bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal).
- Pay 30% deposit to reserve your space.
- Final payment is due 1 week prior to the course.