Cross-cultural training & intercultural communication for business – PUBLIC COURSE
- Group Size: Up to 8 people
- Length: 2 days
- Open-Enrollment Price: 850 CHF/person (775 CHF early booking)
- Next Course in Switzerland: March 9-10, 2021
Are you leading an international team? Or, are you buying, selling or marketing across borders? Or, are you hoping for a promotion from a domestic job to a European or global leadership role? If so, this workshop is designed for you.
You’ll need additional knowledge, strategies and skills to excel in these roles. This course provides a framework to understand international business differences, interpret business styles, and adjust for the desired business results. You’ll learn to avoid frustration and benefit from international differences.
It’s a practical workshop, without silly games or long, boring lectures. After short concept explanations and business examples, then you’ll apply these powerful tools to real business situations.
This course is provided in English.
Cross-cultural training & intercultural communication for business – public course topics:
- Culture’s effect on international business – Successes, failures, and the global mindset
- Our programming – The human brain, cultural programming, and personality
- Personality profiles and communication – includes partner exercises
- Cultural Insight Framework – Business cultural “values,” indicators of those values, and the corresponding business practices – includes videos and exercises
- International communication – Communication and negotiation styles and indicators – includes business examples and exercises
- Other business practices – Management styles, teams, meetings, planning and more – includes business problem solving
- Best practices – You’ll learn which practices tear teams apart, and which best practices bring virtual and remote teams together – includes extensions to previous exercise
- Regions and countries – Using creative business situations, you’ll explore cultures and specific tips (tailored to the attendees’ needs) – includes mini-exercise and sharing
- Intercultural communication and conflict resolution techniques – Strategies to align communication and reach agreement, with exercises in business problem solving
- We’ll close with culture tips and further sources of information
- IMPORTANT – There is a special lunch planned for Thursday, where you’ll learn Chinese values and restaurant etiquette in a Chinese restaurant
Note: Topics are integrated and action-oriented using videos, case studies and workshops that relate to real business situations. You’ll leave the course feeling excited to engage in cross-cultural encounters.
What makes this cross-cultural training & intercultural communication course different:
- No silly games or long boring lectures!
- We go beyond etiquette. This workshop enables business problem solving and international leadership growth.
- It’s the REAL WORLD. You’ll learn from case studies and by solving real business problems.
- Content is based on research, best practices, and experience across multiple fields.
Who should attend this intercultural training:
This course is designed for international business and technology leaders. This includes international buyers, sellers, managers, human resources, strategy leaders, and expats. Contact us for corporate groups or international teams,
This course is also offered as a virtual course – Virtual Cross-Cultural Training and Intercultural Communication.
Your trainer: Kimberly VanLandingham
- CEO of European Market Link SARL, international business consultant, trainer, and speaker
- Masters in cross-cultural communication (MACCC), BS in engineering (BSEE)
- Over 20 years of corporate and international management experience with DuPont (Global Business Manager, EMEA Regional Manager, Corporate Growth Manager, and more.)
- Numerous successes as an international business consultant
- Keynote speaker on exporting and market development at the European American Chamber of Commerce, the World Trade Center, universities, and multinationals
- SIETAR Switzerland board member (SIETAR is the Society of Intercultural Educators, Trainers and Researchers)
- Easy-to-understand native English speaker
- Linkedin profile for Kimberly VanLandingham
Price for 2 days of cross-cultural and intercultural training (8 people maximum due to COVID-19):
850 CHF, or 775 CHF/person early booking price (including lunch on Day 2).
Prices includes the training facility, facilitation, course training booklet, and workshop materials. Prices also include a special lunch on the second day, where you’ll learn further values and restaurant manners from China and other Asian countries. You’ll also enjoy lovely coffee breaks with croissants, fruit and Swiss chocolates through the course. Lunch on the first day, dinners and local accommodations are not included in the price.
Dates for 2-days of cross-cultural and intercultural training:
Reserve early to receive a discount and ensure your place on the course. (This course is limited to just 8 places and is not available during COVID-19 restrictions. See our virtual cross-cultural training course.)
Course times: Day 1 – 9:00-17:30, Day 2 – 9:00-16:00
|COURSE DATES||EARLY BOOKING PRICE ENDS|
|January 14-15, 2021||CANCELLED due to Covid-19, please sign-up for a later course or a virtual course.|
|March 9-10, 2021||Thursday-Friday||January 29, 2021|
|July 1-2, 2021||Thursday-Friday||May 28, 2021|
|October 21, 2021||Thursday-Friday||September 10, 2021|
Contact us to check availability and reserve your space, or to discuss your specific needs.
Location (just 3 minutes walk from Martigny train station):
European Market Link Sàrl
Rue du Léman, 14
CH-1920 Martigny, Switzerland
Martigny is a main stop for the regional trains, and our training centre is just 3 minutes walk from the the train station and the town centre. It’s also close to the motorway, with parking and several hotels within 5 minutes walk.
Martigny sits at the intersection of 3 valleys, lined with vineyards, and views of rugged mountain peaks. Known as “Ville d’art et de culture,” you’ll find sculptures throughout the town, taste local wines, and enjoy creative cuisine.
Here are helpful transportation links:
- Martigny – Hotels
- Swiss train tickets (SBB)
- Train tickets to Martigny from EuroRail
- Martigny – Art and culture
Pay nothing now.
- Complete the form below to check availability, ask questions, and tell us your preferred payment method. We’ll send you an invoice and hold your space on the course.
- After paying the 30% deposit, we’ll send a welcome email with information on the course, hotels, and maps.
- The final payment is due 1 week prior to the course.
NOTHING TO LOSE – FLEXIBLE CHANGE POLICY – Due to the current situation, there is no penalty to change to a later course, a virtual course, or another EML course.