Cross-cultural training & intercultural communication for business – PUBLIC COURSE in ENGLISH
- Group Size: up to 10 people
- Length: 1.5 days
- Open-enrollment price: 890 CHF/person (750 CHF early booking)
- 2020 Course Dates: March 26-27 / July 9-10 / Nov. 19-20, 2020
Are you leading an international team? Or, are you buying, selling or marketing across borders? Or, are you hoping for a promotion from a domestic job to a European or global leadership role? If so, this workshop is designed for you.
You’ll need additional knowledge, strategies and skills to excel in these roles. This course provides a framework to understand international business differences, interpret behaviors, and adjust for the desired business results. You’ll learn to avoid frustration and benefit from international differences.
It’s a practical workshop, without silly games or long, boring lectures. After short concept explanations and business examples, then you’ll apply these powerful tools to real business situations.
This course is provided in English.
Cross-cultural training & intercultural communication topics:
- Introductions and goals
- Culture’s effect on international business success and failures
- Our programming – The human brain and our cultural programming
- Cultural Insight Framework – Business cultural “values,” indicators of those values, and the corresponding business practices
- International communication – Communication and negotiation styles, indicators, and conflict resolution
- Business practices – Management styles, teams, meetings, planning and more
- Best practices – You’ll learn which practices tear teams apart, and which best practices bring virtual and remote teams together
- Regions and countries – Using creative business situations, you’ll explore cultures and specific tips (tailored to the attendees’ needs)
- Intercultural communication – Strategies to align communication and reach agreement.
- We’ll close with culture tips and further sources of information
Note: Many of the topics above are integrated with minimal theoretical presentations. Information is primarily conveyed with exercises, case studies and workshops that use real business examples.
What makes this cross-cultural training & intercultural communication course different:
- No silly games or long boring lectures
- We go beyond etiquette. This is a business workshop.
- It’s the REAL WORLD. You’ll learn from case studies and by solving real business problems.
- It’s based on research and evidence from several disciplines including cross-cultural and intercultural communication, neurology, psychology, anthropology, business/teams research, and leadership.
Who should attend this training workshop:
This course is designed for leaders or professionals, who work internationally. This includes international buyers, sellers, managers, human resources, strategy leaders, and expats. This course is not designed for expat families or spouses as we focus on business communications and practices. For corporate groups or international teams, Contact Us or see Cross-Cultural Training and Team-Building.
Price and dates for this 1.5 day Cross-Cultural Training and Intercultural Communication for Business (open-enrollment course in English):
*The price for this 1.5-day open-enrollment course is just 890 CHF/person, 750 with the early booking discount. This price includes the training facility, facilitation, course training booklet, and workshop materials. You’ll also enjoy lovely coffee breaks in the morning, and afternoon. It excludes lunch, dinner, or local accommodation.
Reserve early to receive a discount and ensure your place on the course. (Only 10 places available for each date)
March 26-27, 2020 — Thursday, 9:30 to 17:30, Friday, 8:30-12:30
890 CHF (750 CHF/person when booked by February 10, 2020)
July 9-10, 2020 — Thursday, 9:30 to 17:30, Friday, 8:30-12:30
890 CHF (750 CHF/person when booked by May 29, 2020)
November 19-20, 2020 — Thursday, 9:30 to 17:30, Friday, 8:30-12:30
890 CHF (750 CHF/person when booked by October 5, 2020)
Contact us to check availability and reserve your space, or to discuss your specific needs.
Your instructor: Kimberly VanLandingham, CEO, MACCC, BSEE
- CEO of European Market Link SARL, international business consultant, trainer, and speaker
- Over 20 years of corporate and international management experience with DuPont (Global Business Manager, EMEA Regional Manager, Corporate Growth Manager, and more.)
- Numerous successes as an international business consultant
- Keynote speaker on exporting and market development at the European American Chamber of Commerce, the World Trade Center, universities, and multinationals
- Masters in cross-cultural communication (MACCC), BS in engineering (BSEE)
- Easy-to understand native English speaker
- Linkedin profile for Kimberly VanLandingham
Location (just 3 minutes walk from Martigny train station):
This training workshop will be held at —
European Market Link Sàrl
Rue du Léman, 14
CH-1920 Martigny, Switzerland
Martigny is a main stop for the regional trains, and our training center is just 3 minutes walk from the the train station and the town center. It’s also close to the motorway, with parking and several hotels within 5 minutes walk.
Martigny sits at the intersection of 3 valleys, lined with vineyards, and views of rugged mountain peaks. Known as “Ville d’art et de culture,” you’ll find sculptures throughout the town, taste local wines, and enjoy creative cuisine.
Here are helpful transportation links:
- Martigny – Hotels
- Swiss train tickets (SBB)
- Train tickets to Martigny from EuroRail
- Martigny – Art and culture
- Contact us to check availability, ask questions, and tell us your preferred payment method.
- Pay 30% deposit to reserve your space. (You will receive an invoice for a bank transfers or a MasterCard/Visa payment. You also receive a welcome email with course information and maps.)
- Final payment is due 1 week prior to the course.
If you need to cancel…
- You may transfer your deposit or final course payments to another person, who will attend in your place.
- The 30% deposit can be transferred to a later course if you notify us at least 1 month prior to the originally reserved course.
- The final payment and deposit, with cancellation notice of less than 1 month, can be transferred to a later course if we re-sell the place on the original course. Otherwise, you can transfer your final payment, but you’ll lose your deposit.
Contact European Market Link below to discuss your specific cross-cultural training needs.
info@EuropeanMarketLink.com or +41 22 548 03 65Contact us